2015 – 2016
The La Fontaine Academy annual Summer Fete will be held on Saturday 2nd July from 12 midday – 3pm at the school.
Free and open to all
This is our main event of the year and we hope you can make it along, even for an hour! Admission is free.
It is open to all so please bring your family and friends along too!
Funds raised will go to the cost of completing our lovely new sports garden and outdoor stage/classroom area at the back of the school which is nearly ready for use!
To be able to have even better events, we had a learnt lessons meeting and we invite you to give us your feedback and share your ideas and suggestions by emailing Amell (email@example.com).
Thank everyone who braved the weather in support of this year’s Summer Fete.
It was an amazing day and we hope a good time was enjoyed by all. It was so lovely to see all who took part working together for the good of our children’s future and showed the children how much can be done when we all work together.
Below is a list of parents, family members and students who worked hard and soldiered through the rain to make the day so special.
- Diane and Ahmet for donating the burgers
- Bouncy assault course Dylan, Tim, Gavin and Adam
- BBQ Jean-Michel, Jean-Claude, Paul N
- Currie Roy Mahendran, his lovely sister Evangeline and all who helped save it from the rain
- Drinks Priscilla Sharon Danielle and Jennie
- Ice-cream Michelle, David, Seana and Laura who made a lovely peach sorbet.
- Cakes Sharon N, Erica, Blandine, Tanya S, Alicia M and all the wonderful bakers who took the time to make such wonderful yummy scummie cakes!
- Scavenger Hunt and Crafts Andrew McKenchnie, Jo Baldwin, Laura V, Stacey and Drew Bedford
- Toys and books Fay Tilson’s Husband, Malin and her lovely daughter, Jo, Leanne, Monika, Lia and also the very helpful Dads who saved us from getting very soggy! Drew, David, Andrew and Nicky
- Tombola and name the teddy Sana, Eric and Vera Spicer, Priscilla and her lover daughter Jessica and niece Julie-Anne
- Treasure Map and Hook a duck Maria and son Yalom, Tori, Alison, Eleanor, Caroline and Natasha.
- Angry Birds Selime, Clotilde, Yulia, Vadim, Hshen, Mei, Alex and Fay Tilson’s Husband (well done! was not easy manning it with the wind and the rain, you showed true grit!)
- Lucky Dip Aidan & Blandine, Hussain & Turman, Ruben & Jo, Jae, Annelise, Chloe, Sophie, Mimi, Amelie.
- Eiffel Tower Jules & Jennifer, Amelia & Kelly, Annelise, Chloe, Sophie & Mimi, Maya & Hassiba, Derin, Romain and Eliette
- Face Painting Leah, Hulya, Anais, Morgan, Kia and Amell
- Bilingual Books Amell and Katie (our new Learning Support Assistant)
- Our Resident DJ and Entertainment Sarah
- Second Hand Uniform Lauren Monte
We would also like to thank Lauren’s Husband for convincing his employers to purchase a brand new BBQ.
The new reception families and everyone who donated food for our lovely BBQ
All the wonderful people and local Businesses who donated Prizes for the Raffle.
Everyone who donated sweets for the tombola, toys and books and second hand uniform.
A special thank you to all our class reps who worked hard to get everyone involved and keep everyone informed as well as co- coordinating the class stalls and volunteers.
Last but certainly not least all who came!
Please accept our apologies if we have missed anyone, there were just so many lovely people willing to help and pitch in it was hard to keep track!
Food and drinks
At the fete, there will be plenty of delicious food on offer including a BBQ (with vegetarian options), a fish curry stall, Pimms and strawberries, cocktails (alcoholic & non-alcoholic) and an ice cream stall.
There will be many fun and exciting stalls including: Scavenger Hunt; Second-Hand Toys and Books; Name the Teddy; Jam Jar Sweets and Toy Tombola; Hook a Duck; Find the Treasure; Eiffel Tower Game; Lucky Dip; Face Painting; Second-Hand uniform stall; Huge Bouncy Castle Assault Course and many more!
Raffle with amazing prices
We are now selling raffle tickets for our Summer Fete Raffle. Tickets are £1 each and we have taken the liberty of sending every child home with 5 raffle tickets. We hope you are able to support the PTA summer fete and buy some raffle tickets.
Payment by cash, cheque or BACS and write your name and phone number on the raffle ticket when returning the tickets.
Here are some of the prizes on offer:
- 2 x £100 John Lewis/Waitrose vouchers courtesy of Sinclair Hammelton Estate Agents
We are delighted to be supporting La Fontaine. Sinclair Hammelton was established in 2010 and is an Independent Estate Agent specialising in the sale and letting of residential properties in the Bromley Borough, we have an enthusiastic and experienced team of people, and also an Independent Mortgage Advisor for your financial requirements.
One of the Company’s biggest strengths is the friendly and professional service offered to every client by our highly motivated and trained staff. Our proven track record means we have a high level of customer retention with a large proportion of repeat business from referrals and satisfied clients. This means that you can expect a warm welcome from our sales and lettings team
020 8464 5566 www.sinclairhammelton.co.uk
- Sunday pub lunch for 2 at the Anglesey Arms, 90 Palace Road, Bromley BR1 3JX
- Hot towel hair treatment & blow dry from Emma X Hair Salon at 4 Chatterton Road, BR2 9QN)
- £20 voucher for the Fireball Pizza Company at 8 Chatterton Road, BR2 9QN
- £20 Lakeland vouchers
- Bottle of Port gift set
- 2x 12 Yankee tea light candles from Diplocks Store, Chatterton Road
- Butterfly children’s scooter
- Urban Veda Purifying Body Ritual
- Balance Me Bathing Beauty Trio
SWEETS JARS & TOYS
We are still collecting donations for our summer fair- please drop your contributions in the school office:
Needed: jam jars filled with sweets and second hand toys in good condition (there are a number of empty jam jars in the office should you like to collect one to fill)
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
All classes have been asked to oversee a stall or two and your Class Rep should have been in touch to request your help. We are short on volunteers right now so please consider helping out for an hour or two if you haven’t already.
Please email your Class Rep or the PTA firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you are able to assist here.